1.13.2013

Make It Yourself Monday : 2013 Memory Jar



How many of you caught yourself saying, "Where did 2012 go?!" at the end of last year?
I know I did.
It seems like time moves by so quickly, and special little moments are often forgotten over the years.
I, for one, hate forgetting special memories. So much so that I've been keeping a journal since I was 14.
Yes, I'm that nerd who sits down at the end of the day and writes out my thoughts and any notable things that happened throughout the day.
So for those of you who can relate to my memory-loss phobia, this project is for you!

It's pretty simple. The idea is to keep a jar full of jotted-down memories.
You add to it throughout the year.
And it is so easy. It's almost laughable that I'm putting this tutorial together.
But I thought I'd share the idea and shoot some photos of my finished product.



I bought my paint pen for $1.50 from a local craft shop.
It washes off with nail polish remover. Which worked out in my favor when I failed at my first two drawings (ha!).
For those of you using paint pens for the first time, I recommend getting a test glass to practice on.
See if your pen comes off with nail polish remover, rubbing alcohol, etc. It's nice to know just in case of a mess-up!

Happy crafting!


15 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet idea!
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great idea! And I must say the drawing you did came out really wonderful, even if you did have to redo it a couple of times :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been hearing about this from tumblr. maybe one of these day i'm going to get myself a jar and actually do this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute and smart idea!! i think i'd have to do a lot of practice runs before making something as sweet as this :) well done lades!

    happy 20XIII, i hope it's a year filled with cheers + charms. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a cute idea!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable idea. Thanks for sharing :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea, it's so simple and cute. I really need to start journaling at the end of every night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea because it is so do-able. Not all of us readers are as artistic as you. Definitely putting this on my to do list.

    amanda
    http://thingstoholdandstir.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow this is such lovely idea! i want to do same<3 do you think it'd be fair if i also share it on my blog ?
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is awesome, and such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in love with this idea! I'm going to make one when we get back home :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH.
    MY.
    GOSH.

    This is perfect. I am going to do this. And I'm not just saying "I'm going to do this" because I am. I am going to go get a jar and start one the second I push "publish your comment" because this is just TOO GOOD. And really I just love the idea of opening up a jar in a year and seeing all the good things that happened to me on little pieces of paper.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like a really good idea! I think i'm going to do this. It's my 1st time here at your blog. Your style is lovely. Will definitely come back. <3

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  14. amazing blog!!! i follow you now ;)
    i would love to follow me back because I really love your blog!!
    kisses
    http://blogcashmeremafia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete